Saturday, April 16, 2005

Relieved

Can I just say that I am so glad that tax season is done? This is a miserable time of year at the library. Everybody wants help. Where are the tax forms? I didn't see such-and-such form (I walk to tax table, pick up form, put in their hand, smile nice and say you're welcome if I'm lucky enough to get a thank you). Do I need Form A or Form B? (How would I know? Do I look like an accountant? I bet they don't wear jeans to work. I don't know you. I don't know if you're single/married, if you own a house, if you go to college, if you donate money, if you cashed out your mutual fund this year, whatever. How the hell am I going to know what form you need?) And then there are the people who come for tax help with AARP. They line up with LAWN CHAIRS outside the door AN HOUR before we open and tell our EMPLOYEES that they have to stand at the end of the line! I swear, it is worse every year. But it's finally done.

No comments: