Monday, May 23, 2005

Tagged by HelenKay

Total Number of Books I Own:

Probably somewhere around 1500 -- mostly romance and fantasy. Fledgling science fiction and mystery collections. A nice selection of books on mountaineering/Mount Everest/arctic settings/dogsledding. A complete collection of Louis L'Amour books. Lots of vampire books of all genres. A lot of books on the Lord of the Rings novels. About 100 classic literature novels and plays. Lots of books on mythology -- mostly Greek, Roman, Norse, and Slavic. A bunch of D&D books. A few thrillers, historicals, erotica. A collection of religious/spiritual novels and titles that are probably better classified as my husbands, along with the Stephen King novels. Oh, and some military history.

Last Book I Bought:

Well, I order some things online and pick some up at the bookstore.
From Amazon.com:
Awaken Me Darkly by Gena Showalter is on the way

I recently pre-ordered:
Private Demon by Lynn Viehl
The Master by Melanie Jackson
Hot Spell by Emma Holly, Lora Leigh, Shiloh Walker and Meljean Brook

And at the bookstore I picked up:
Wild at Heart by Patricia Gaffney
Finders Keepers by Linnea Sinclair
The Romanov Prophecy by Steve Berry
Her Way: Young Women Remake the Sexual Revolution by Paula Kamen

Last Book I Read:

It's never just one, is it?
In My Dreams by Monica Jackson
Dragon Precinct by Keith R. A. DeCandido
Ice Hunt by James Rollins

Five Books That Mean A Lot To Me:

Mythology by Edith Hamilton -- One of my favorite books of all, I like to reread parts of it all of the time. All of my characters in online games, paper RPG games, my handles, and my login names are taken from mythological characters in this book. Mythology provides the basis and inspiration for so much of writing and storytelling, I love going back to this book. It was also the catalyst for my interest in mythology in general.

The Last Hellion by Loretta Chase -- My favorite romance. I know lots of others who liked Lord of Scoundrels better, but The Last Hellion, closely followed by Ravished by Amanda Quick and Black Silk by Judy Cuevas/Judith Ivory, will always be my favorite.

The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien -- An amazing series, one of the books I've had the longest. Reading The Hobbit in junior high sparked my interest in fantasy and helped bring me back to reading.

The Gunslinger by Stephen King -- One of the first books my husband told me I just HAD to read. I'd tried a few Stephen King books before, and though I thought they were okay, I didn't really look for more. But The Gunslinger just drew me in. Steve and I have listed to all of the Dark Tower books together while driving on vacations. A great thing to share.

Seven Summits by Dick Bass, Frank Wells, and Rick Ridgeway -- I find this narrative of Bass and Wells' quest to become the first to ascend the highest mountains on each of the seven continents to be inspiring. Yeah, they had the money and the time, but the quest took years and took multiple attempts for them to be able to do it. They were amateurs and they were in their 50s. They set out to do it, and they kept with it until they were able to make it possible. And when they failed on Everest, they didn't just quit. They went back again and again until they made it.


Tag Five People To Do This:

Who hasn't done it or been tagged already? It seems like everyone already has. But I haven't seen anything from any of these gals:


So consider yourselves tagged if you haven't already been.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry. They got me so I got you :)

HelenKay