Monday, February 14, 2005

On books and reviews

I love to surf the web and Amazon.com looking for new books, and the combination of a good cover with an interesting synopsis is enough to get me to put it on my wishlist. I usually wait for a while after that until a review shows up before I decide whether to buy the book. I look at reviews in Publishers Weekly (not very useful for genre fiction, but great for nonfiction), Library Journal (good also, but still not enough genre fiction), Locus (for SF), and Romantic Times BookClub (for romance and romantic SF). I also love the website All About Romance, where I don't always agree with the grades, but I love for the interaction with other readers and for the great information about plot points and thematic elements in the reviews.

No comments: