Thursday, February 17, 2005

Charlaine Harris


Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris Posted by Hello


I pre-ordered this one a couple of days ago from Amazon.com. It's out on May 3, 2005.

I have been keeping up with this series as they came out and I am really glad that the series was able to go into hardcover with the last book. I had never read Harris before (her previous books were mainstream mysteries), but when the first Sookie Stackhouse book, Dead Until Dark, came out a few years ago, the taglines "A Southern Vampire Mystery" and "Maybe having a vampire for a boyfriend isn't such a bright idea" got my attention at the bookstore.

Back then, I was still a bookstore browser and I would go to Borders or Barnes & Noble every couple of weeks and just see what was new in the fiction sections. Dead Until Dark was shelved in the Science Fiction & Fantasy section, and I was just getting interested in vampire fiction. I was glad it was a paperback because it meant I could afford it. I was still in the Army, and I didn't have the money for hardcover books whenever I wanted. But I'm really glad to see that this series is in harcover now, because that will really increase the number of people and libraries that will look at the books.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I just adore the Southern Vampire series. I'm really excited for DAAD to come out (less than three months now, yay!).

:)
Alyssa