Sunday, February 26, 2006

Movies Coming Soon

Beowulf
1 January 2006 -- limited
This one already came out in limited release, but it didn't play anywhere around me. But since it has Gerard Butler and Sarah Polley, I really want to see it. I've always like the Beowulf story, and most adaptations haven't really been very good. This one may disappoint as well, but I'm definitely going to check it out on DVD.


Something New
3 February 2006
This movie is already out, and one of these days I'm going to get around to seeing it. I like the idea -- addressing the fact that so many African-Americans don't get married, and addressing the issue of inter-racial relationships and marriage. And it looks really sweet.


Inside Man
24 March 2006
This movie has three incredible actors in it -- Denzel Washington, Clive Owen, and Jodie Foster -- and Foster is very choosy about the type of movies she picks, so I have very high hopes for this crime thriller. I like movies where it's not readily apparent what everyone wants or what they're willing to do for what they want, which is the impression I have of the movie.


The Wild
14 April 2006
It seems like Disney's annual animated movies are coming out earlier and earlier every year, but I suppose that is okay because it means they aren't competing so much with the slew of summer movies. Steve and I have no children, but we love to go see animated movies. Keeps the kid inside alive.


Silent Hill
21 April 2006
Silent Hill is a very good and scary video game series about a woman who searches for her daughter is a nightmare of a town. It was very atmospheric and menacing as a game and I hope that translates to the movie. And Sean Bean is in it.


X-Men 3: The Last Stand
26 May 2006
Steve and I absolutely loved X-Men 1 & 2 and we're really looking forward to this one. I hope they do a good job in their treatment of the Dark Phoenix storyline. And I'm excited to see Beast, one of my favorite X-Men characters, appear in this one.


The Break-Up
2 June 2006
I think it's interesting that there was so much speculation that the drama surrounding Mr. and Mrs Smith because of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie would kill the movie and that maybe they were too distracted to act well in the movie. But I haven't seen any of that speculation about this movie, despite the fact that Aniston had her rebound relationship with Vaughn. I do think the movie looks good, and with Vince Vaughn in it, I'll probably be able to get Steve to see it with me.


Click
23 June 2006
I admit freely to being a big fan of Adam Sandler. Yes, that means I have a juvenile sense of humor, but I find him hilarious. And his latest few movies have had a nice theme/point as well, so you feel like you're watching a movie that has something to say on top of being funny. And the amazing and equally hilarious Christopher Walken is in this one as well.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Samantha said...

From the picture Wild looks almost like a retaliation to Madagascar, but with better animation. I'll probably end up going to see it purely for the aligator. That thing is cute on the poster.

I'm still a little upset about X-men 3. They still don't have Gambit in it. *sigh*