Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Awesome Covers

These are all books I took notice of because they have beautiful covers. Some are by authors I'm already interested in, and some are by authors I've never read before. But for me at least, the marketing department struck a perfect note with these covers.

The Exiled by Posie Graeme-Evans
Atria, 14 June 2005
This looks like a straight historical cover, like Phillipa Gregory's, but I think Graeme-Evans writes historical/romance hybrids.


Shadows and Strongholds by Elizabeth Chadwick
St. Martin's, 29 November 2005
Chadwick is a historical author, but I have enjoyed her books. She is usually very lucky and gets beautiful covers. The dress on this woman is just amazing.


Vanquished by Hope Tarr
Medallion, 1 February 2006
I loved Tempting by Tarr (which I also thought had a gorgeous cover), and am glad to see that she's going to be published again. This is one of the few nice covers I've seen from the new Medallion Press.


The Bride Ship by Deborah Hale
Harlequin Historicals, 1 February 2006
I think that Harlequin has really improved its covers over the last few years, and that is definitely evident in the Historical line. This one is just very classy. I love this image, the sunset, the ship approaching the shore, and the woman waiting with excitement? nervousness? anticipation? There is so much room for imagination in this cover.


Shadow Touch by Marjorie M. Liu
Leisure, 1 February 2006
and
The Red Heart of Jade by Marjorie M. Liu
LoveSpell, 4 July 2006
Liu has been especially lucky in her book covers. And considering that Dorchester is often a throwback with its covers, these are just stunning. The spiderweb and the onion-domed palace on the Shadow Touch cover are amazing and atmospheric.


Duchess of Fifth Avenue by Ruth Ryan Langan
Berkley Sensation, 7 March 2006
I have never read a book by Langan, but the covers all feature a soft-pastel-look. This one fits well with her branding. I like the Cinderella-like image.


Vertigo by Lauren Baratz-Logsted
Delta, 26 September 2006
I saw this cover on the Knight Agency blog. The woman looks very vulnerable and sad set off against the hardness of the checkered background. Very cool.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kerry said...

These are lovely. I just found the Posie Graeme-Evans books on a site today. That cover is actually the one I like the least. I think the first and third in the trilogy have even nicer covers and the third is my favourite.

I do like the Hope Tarr one as well.

Kerry said...

Drat.

Meant to say that of all the ones you've posted here, I like Shadows and Strongholds best of all. That's gorgeous.

Kristie (J) said...

You know I must be odd because the only one I don't like is the Hope Tarr cover. I'll still buy it though 'cause I like her books and it seems like forever since her last one came out

Lauren Baratz-Logsted said...

Thanks for posting my VERTIIGO cover. I hope it's the kind that makes people want to pick up the book! :)